June 20, 2016
When you live in a place as desirable as the Okanagan, it’s easy to see why so many residents have started planning staycations instead of vacations. From staying at hotels in Kelowna to booking a seat on Okanagan wine tour buses, Okanagan residents are spending more time at home and less time away.
A staycation is a clever word play on the term ‘vacation.’ It’s a term used to describe vacationing in your local area.
There are a couple noteable benefits to a staycation over a vacation. We’ve compiled a list of six worthy reasons to skip the annual summer vacation and try a staycation instead:
1. Golf courses and beaches. Need we say more? A lot of Okanagan residents choose to vacation at home because of the endless amount of activities available in the Okanagan. With close, easy access to world-class golf courses and stunning lakes and beaches, there’s hardly any reason to vacation elsewhere.
2. Get to know your area better. Between work, grocery shopping, and driving the kiddos around, it’s hard to take the time to enjoy the attractions of your local city. From trendy new restaurants to an abundance of wineries, there are a lot of hidden gems just waiting to be discovered.
3. Uniquely Okanagan events. The Okanagan is home to some of the most interesting and entertaining events. Sit back, relax, and take in some of the entertainment the tourists travel all the way to Kelowna for.
For a peek at just some of the events Kelowna has to offer, check out our post: 5 Must-see Summer Events for Guests at Kelowna Hotels Near Airport.
4. Support local! When you choose to staycation over vacation, your hard-earned dollars stay in the Okanagan and support your local economy.
5. Less time travelling, more time relaxing. When you travel out of the province or country, you can expect to tack on an extra day at either end of your vacation dedicated to travelling to and from your destination. When you vacation near home, you can spend more time exploring or relaxing and less time waiting in line ups at airports or border crossings.
6. Save your money. When you vacation at home, you won’t have to pay for airfare or accommodations, unless you choose to stay at one of the hotels in Kelowna.
To really get that vacation experience in your own backyard, book a room at one of the many top tier hotels in Kelowna. You can indulge in the pampering experience of hotel living (did we mention a mineral pool, hot tub and hot buffet breakfast?) without the hassle of travelling. Plus, when you live nearby, you can easily take advantage of Kelowna hotel deals by booking a room last minute. A lot of hotels in Kelowna will offer discounted room rates to help reach full occupancy levels throughout the tourist season.
When planning your next staycation, consider The Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, offering free hot breakfasts, outstanding customer service, and packages to help you get to know Kelowna better. Call us to book your next stay: 1-888-860-1212
Nov 23, 2017: Kelowna Hotel Tips: Plan the Paw-fect Pet-friendly Trip
Nov 09, 2017: Play, Stay, and Be Pampered at a Great Kelowna Hotel
Oct 05, 2017: Beyond TripAdvisor: Find the Best Kelowna Hotel Reviews