April 30, 2013 | by Christina Van
She’s the one who plans all the family vacations and does the booking for hotels in Kelowna, makes sure your toothbrush is packed and lets you jump on the bed of your hotel guestroom. She taught you to spread your wings and encouraged you to experience the world. So the question is.....
This year, skip the card and flowers and spoil your Mom on Mother’s Day to show your appreciation! We’ve come up with a list of travel-inspired gift ideas that are sure to please:
- A Wallaroo Breton Hat or something similar is stylish AND practical – two things any woman is always trying to achieve with any purchase.
- An eReader is like giving her an entire library at her fingertips! She can relax on the next family vacation with her favorite book or even read about her solo dream vacation. And then plan it.
- A beautiful new personalized luggage set minus the years of wear and tear her old set is probably showing by now.
- A travel yoga mat for her to keep up her routine without the worry of packing extra.
There’s no better way to top off some great travel gear gifts than with the gift of travel itself!
- Book her a stay at a hotel in Kelowna and make it extra special by adding a hotel package catered to her passions. Our Best Western Kelowna Hotel offers special hotel packages that include Wine Tours, Spa pampering and Shopping. After all the much-deserved indulging, Mom can take a relaxing dip in our indoor swimming pool or hot tubs. We know Mom will approve!
- Purchase a travel gift card, like the Best Western Travel Card®, and let Mom decide when and where she’d like to spend it.
- Pre-arrange a meeting with a travel agent and surprise Mom with a couple of vacation ideas. Give her a break from doing all the planning and have someone else do it.
Some people give flowers, chocolates and cards on Mother’s Day, and as much as Mom loves the gesture, our Kelowna hotel thinks you should do more for the woman who washed your underwear for all those years. Or maybe still does…either way, she deserves the best!
Nov 21, 2014: 10 Tips for Travelling with Seniors to Hotels in Kelowna