Tips for Renewing your Vows - from a loving Kelowna Hotel
February 14, 2012
Photo by Adam Fuller
Kelowna hotels are a top choice for weddings of all sizes. We have access to some of the best wines in Canada, our scenery is second-to-none, and there is something to do in Kelowna no matter what time of year you travel here.
But have you ever considered coming to an Kelowna hotel to either renew your vows or propose to do so?
Just because it’s not Valentine’s Day, it doesn’t mean you can’t keep the romance going! Consider booking a Romance/Spa Package at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites. There, you can ask your honey to marry you all over again; let this be a first step in planning to renew your vows.
Here are some reasons you might choose to renew:
- If your original wedding was just a legal ceremony and you’d like to do it again.
- If you are celebrating a special number anniversary this year (10, 20, 25 years?)
- Your marriage has overcome some challenges and you could use some together time to celebrate one another and reconfirm your commitment.
- Your children have grown up and you want to commit to one another to spend your “empty nest” years together.
- If you didn’t get to have family or friends present at your original wedding.
A vow renewal can be elaborate or as simple. Since your marriage is already legal, you can have anyone officiate that you choose. An adult child, a good friend, or your pastor can lead and you and your spouse can write whatever special message you have on your heart to share with one another.
It can be done at a reserved dinner (like Best Western Kelowna Hotel’s ORA Restaurant, for example), at a local scenic spot (like on top of Knox Mountain), or while doing something sporty like skiing together with your friends and family.
Our Kelowna hotel has banquet room space to hold between 20 and 160 people. Remember, the act of the vow exchange itself is what is most important. The recommitment to one another and the special message you prepare, plus the fabulous together experience, will be remembered for years to come.
Share This Post:
Other posts in this category:
Aug 29, 2013: Support Local While Staying at our Hotel in Kelowna