August 09, 2016
Since the day your little one arrived into this world, you’ve been toting around diapers, toys, snacks, blankies, stuffed animals, car seats, strollers, play pens, sippy cups, and more. The list is endless. And now that you’ve got a trip planned to stay at Kelowna hotels, the idea of packing might seem a little overwhelming. To help save your sanity and enjoy your time away with your little one, we’ve compiled a list of 10 tips and tricks that’ll make your trip a breeze.
1. Request a playpen or portable crib when booking your room. Playpens can be bulky and a hassle to travel with. Save the time and energy, and let the hotel take care of this for you.
2. Do your shopping when you arrive at your destination. For longer trips, visit the local mall to stock up on necessities like diapers and formula instead of lugging it around with you.
3. Request a secluded room. Hotel rooms can be noisy, especially if they’re located close to the elevator or pools. Naptime and bedtime will go much smoother in a quieter room.
4. Don’t be afraid to call the front desk. Babies require a lot of attention and have a lot of needs. If you need to reschedule housekeeping due to naptime or need extra blankets or towels, don’t be afraid to let them know. They’re happy to help.
5. Fill up baby’s suitcase. Accidents happen, especially with babies. Between food stains and grass stains, baby clothes don’t stay clean very long. Pack extra clothes (for both you and baby) to prevent any unnecessary trips to the laundry room.
6. When booking Kelowna hotels, request a suite instead of a standard room. When it comes time to heat up a bottle or prepare a snack, life will be much easier if you have quick and easy access to the comforts of a kitchen.
7. Create a play space as soon as you arrive. Pick a corner of the room and store all your little one’s toys there. Your baby will find instant comfort in seeing their familiar toys laid out for them in an unfamiliar space.
8. Designate a baby changing station. After you’ve finished stocking up on your baby blowout supplies at the local store, set up a permanent changing station. It’ll help keep you organized and avoid searching for the diaper bag every time your little one needs a diaper change.
9. Stick to your routine. Babies are creatures of habit and find comfort in knowing what’s going to happen next. If you’ve got a bedtime routine, try and stick to it as best you can while travelling.
10. Have fun. Your vacation to Kelowna hotels should be fun, so try not to let any bumps along the way derail your mood. If your baby sees that you’re happy, chances are they’ll mirror your feelings.
For a few more sanity saving tips, check out our previous post: 5 Things to Look for in Family-Friendly Kelowna Hotels.
If you’re looking for family-friendly hotels Kelowna visitors with babies love, consider the Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites. We offer a grassy courtyard that’s great for playing in, a heated mineral pool perfect for splashing around, and suites with either kitchenettes or full kitchens. Call us today to book your next vacation with baby: 1-888-860-1212
Nov 23, 2017: Kelowna Hotel Tips: Plan the Paw-fect Pet-friendly Trip
Nov 09, 2017: Play, Stay, and Be Pampered at a Great Kelowna Hotel
Oct 05, 2017: Beyond TripAdvisor: Find the Best Kelowna Hotel Reviews