April 21, 2011
Kelowna: A Great Place to Honeymoon!
Wedding season is drawing near. Whether you plan to visit Kelowna as your honeymoon destination, or you live here and will be honeymooning in your hometown, there are many romantic and memorable options. We’ve compiled a few ideas for you.
These are all things you could ask your wedding guests to contribute towards, or even purchase for you as a wedding gift.
1. Gain a new perspective! Have you ever soared over the lake on a float plane? The experience is breathtaking. Air-Hart Aviation offers sightseeing and adventure tours. They can depart from waterfront locations across the Okanagan.
2. No visit to the Okanagan would be complete without a wine tour. Tour multiple wineries with a wine tour company, or pick a tour at your favorite winery.
3. Grab a bottle of your favorite wine and plan a romantic picnic. Visit the Farmer’s Market on a Saturday morning for some fresh fruit & veggies then head to Bertram Regional Beach Park, Knox Mountain Park, or the Okanagan Lavender Farm. These are just a few of Kelowna’s many perfect picnic spots.
4. Horse around with a horse trail ride. From the backs of our equine friends, you get a view of the mountains and canyon areas that you don’t see on foot. There are several stables that offer private trail rides.
5. Have a romantic dinner. Ask your guests to purchase a gift certificate for one of Kelowna’s fine dining experiences. Combine dinner at one of the wineries or at one of the fine dining restaurants in Kelowna’s downtown area with a stroll along the lake shore and you have a perfect night.
6. Tour the lake by boat. Boat rentals or scenic boat tours are peaceful and relaxing - combine with your romantic picnic and you’ll never want to leave the lake.
7. Ask your wedding guests to contribute to a Romance Package at the Best Western Kelowna. Complete with champagne, chocolate and much more - our Romance Packages make your honeymoon even more special than it already is!
Whether you are an adventure-lover, nature-lover, sun-lover or are just lovers - your honeymoon in Kelowna will be memorable. We hope to see you here!
Jun 28, 2017: Kelowna Hotel and Motels: What’s the Difference?
Jun 14, 2017: Kelowna Hotel Tips: Pet-Friendly Summer Safety
Jun 08, 2017: 7 Ways to Plan the Ultimate Kelowna Hotel Summer
May 31, 2017: Wine Tour Tips: Experience Kelowna Wine Your Way