May 30, 2012 | by Christina Van
With summer just around the corner, our Kelowna hotel knows all about the sudden increase in people making travel plans. Despite the high costs that can often be associated with traveling these days, that doesn’t seem to be putting a damper on travel plans this year according to a recent survey by Yahoo! Travel. With deals to be had at many hotels in Kelowna, and an abundance of tips & tricks to help travelers balance their budgets, this summer travel season is a go!
Don't let your summer travel plans fizzle out due to the ever rising costs of gas, peak season rates at hotels in Kelowna and other tourist hot-spots, vacation-time limitations and even the thought of having to feed the entire family away from home. With a focus on budget balancing and some solid planning, any vacation can be achievable on any budget!
Wondering how to make up for the extra expense of gas and other rising vacation costs?
- Make sure your vehicle is in tip top shape (low tire pressure can be a killer on gas mileage)
- Check out online deals for discounted car rentals, hotel rooms and even airfare
- Look into booking a hotel package to get accommodations AND an activity that you love for a lower price
- Research FREE events & activities in the city you’re staying in (beaches, parks, historical sites)
- Save money by doing less shopping or shopping local
- Cut down on restaurant meals or cook your own meals, and look for FREE breakfast & other amenities offered at hotels
- Have a garage sale to raise those much needed vacation funds or start a savings account where you can put a little bit of extra money into when you have it
Another great way to fore-go the extra expense of a vacation is to try a staycation! Omit the cost of traveling altogether and instead spend the money on doing something you’ve never done in your own surroundings. Visit your local Tourism Info Centre and check out what makes people flock to your town or city – you might be surprised what you’ve been overlooking! Throw on your favorite tourist outfit, grab the camera and have fun exploring.
Start planning and get packing; your summer vacation is calling and you better answer. Then be sure to call The Best Western PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites to see what awaits you when you visit our amazing city!
Aug 17, 2015: Flying to Kelowna Pet Friendly Hotels with Your Fur Baby
Apr 30, 2015: 3 Ways to Mix Business with Pleasure at Kelowna Hotels