7 Family-Friendly Tech Rules to Follow When Traveling to Kelowna Hotels
Family vacations are a time to relax, recharge, and reconnect. Follow these helpful suggestions to make the most out of your time while vacationing together.
The bags are packed, the car is loaded, and your kids have their smart phones and iPads laying across their laps in the backseat. Follow these tech-friendly suggestions when traveling to help make your next vacation near Kelowna hotels the perfect balance of relaxing and exciting and reconnecting with one another.
- Leave most of the gadgets at home – Let your family each pick one gadget to bring on vacation with them. If every member of your family brings more than one of their devices, not only will you run out of electrical sockets to plug into, you’ll also miss out on some personal one-on-one time with your loved ones.
- Implement the ‘hotel room only’ rule – Set a rule in place that allows everyone to bring out the devices when in the hotel room or in the evening before bed. The only other time that should be acceptable to pull out the tech devices is during the road trip from your home to Kelowna hotels and when you’re heading back home.
- Share your musical playlist – Take turns sharing playlists while in the vehicle. Singing along to the oldies and struggling to understand the lyrics to the new Top 40 tracks together will help you bond and can also help set the vacation mood.
- Visit the local cinema together – Instead of everyone plugging their headphones into their own device to watch a movie, take the family over to the local theatre. Watching a movie together as a family can be an entertaining and educational experience.
- Click it old school – When sightseeing near Kelowna hotels, bring an old-fashioned digital camera instead of using the camera on your smart phone. Since there’s no way you can play games or text on a camera, you and your family members won’t be tempted to miss out on the sights or the conversation.
- Social media scheduling – If your kids are having fun, chances are they want their friends to know how much fun they’re having. Schedule a window of time during the day when they can Facebook, text, or Snapchat with their friends.
- Ditch the video games – Instead of playing Candy Crush or any of the millions of other digital games on your iPad, iPhone, or laptop, bring along a deck of cards or some old fashioned board games. When was the last time your family sat down together and played a competitive game of Monopoly?
If your nanny is vacationing with you and your family this summer too, read our post: Packing the Nanny: Tips for Travelling with a Babysitter for more family-friendly travel tips.
When you’re looking for the perfect family and pet-friendly hotels, consider the BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, offering spacious suites with enough room for the entire family, a grassy courtyard and mineral pool for the kids to play in, free breakfasts, hot tubs, and more.
Share This Post:
Other posts in this category: