Splash into Summer with Our Kelowna Hotel
July 13, 2012 | by Christina Van
It’s inevitable: People spend all winter pining away for the arrival of summer heat, and as soon as it gets here, are desperately finding ways to escape from it. When guests arrive at hotels in Kelowna, the staff is typically greeted by a plethora of questions on where to go and what to do to cool off. It’s a hot topic. But no sweat, our Kelowna hotel knows some great spots to actually enjoy the summer weather, so pack your bags and get ready to splash into summer the Okanagan way.
City of Kelowna Beaches and Water Parks:
- Sun and water go together like peanut butter and jelly. With tons of beaches and several water parks throughout Kelowna, your days can be spent soaking up the sun and getting wet - the perfect combination.
Whiplash Cable Wake Park:
- Want to get whipped? Check out Kelowna’s newest attraction (and the first of its kind in Western Canada) that allows everyone the chance to experience the fun of wakeboarding on the lake without the boat.
WildPlay Element Park:
- Opening this July in Kelowna! Take to the tree tops and let the wind cool you down as you climb, play, zip and swing through this brand new park (the Primal Swing reaches speeds up to 100+km/h!!) and have a blast despite the heat and lack of splash.
Public Swimming Pools:
- If you’re feeling the need to escape indoors from the sun’s rays for awhile, Kelowna’s indoor public swimming pools will do the trick. The H2O Adventure and Fitness Centre has a wave pool, waterslides and Canada's first Flow Rider ocean wave simulator.
The Best Western PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites:
- Our guests don’t even have to leave our Kelowna hotel to enjoy summer at its finest. With our indoor mineral pool’s glass door system that opens up on hot summer days, you get the best of both worlds. Our 1 acre courtyard is an oasis in the heart of the city, allowing guests to lounge, swim, BBQ, play bocce – endless options.
It’s summer. It’s hot. No more complaining! Grab your flipflops, lots of sunscreen and extra towels, and enjoy the summer while it lasts by seeking the coolest activities Kelowna has to offer.
Share This Post:
Other posts in this category: