March 29, 2012 | by Christina Van
Let the Easter egg hunt begin!
Kelowna hotels are often filled with travelers visiting loved ones over Easter weekend. Whether you celebrate a religious aspect to Easter or not, the long weekend and improving weather offers a nice opportunity to get in some family and friend time.
If you are coming to Kelowna, hotel reservations are suggested for any long weekend—especially during the spring and summertimes. There are several fun events for visitors of all ages.
Here are a few:
1) The second annual Easter Egg Scramble will take place at Johnson Bentley Sports Field from 12 PM. to 2 PM on Sunday, April 8. Located in West Kelowna (just 18km from the Best Western Kelowna Hotel), the Easter Egg Scramble offers a lot of fun activities.
2) If you are traveling to Kelowna and want to find a religious or church service—the Welcome to Kelowna website business directory lists all of the Kelowna area churches in one place; with links to websites so you can check service times.
3) Include some authentic Ukrainian food if you plan to cook for friends or family this Easter. The annual Easter Bake & Food Sale is happening this Saturday (Mar 31) at Dormition Ukrainian Catholic Parish. (1091 Coronation Ave.). From 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, they will have perogies, cabbage rolls, paskas, babkas and more for sale.
4) The Parkinson Rec Centre (1800 Parkinson Way, off Highway 97) will be open on Easter Monday, April 6th) from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. It is a great place to take the kids to let them burn off some energy!
5) If you don’t want to cook on Easter Sunday, join us at the ORA Kitchen & Bar Restaurant. ORA is right next to the Best Western Kelowna Hotel and will be open at 11:00 am. ORA’s fresh food selections will make any gathering special.
If your Easter plans bring you to Kelowna, we hope you’ll consider making your Kelowna hotel reservations at the Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel and Suites!
Jun 17, 2015: 4 Exciting Ways to Experience Okanagan Wine Tours