Kelowna Hotel Gives “Smart” Ideas to Business Travelers
March 08, 2012
The Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel offers conference and meeting facilities as well as event planning to fit groups from 20 up to 160 people. Over the years, we've had many corporate clients spend their brainstorming sessions, educational events, annual meetings, seminars, corporate celebrations, and more with us.
A lot of strategy has been talked behind our conference room doors! When clients choose our Okanagan hotel facility, they do so because of our versatility in space options, our terrific natural lighting that brightens nearly all of the rooms, the great service offered from our staff and because... Well, let's face it, Kelowna hotels offer a beautiful city in which to meet others!
Whether you are gathering to plan an all-important tactical strategy, to teach employees new skills, or to build team morale, you want your employees at their best. Proper provision of brain-stimulating food can help ensure that you make the most of your event.
Healthy choices are a top priority for most people. What you cater to your employees is a good start in keeping them awake and alert long enough to digest the information you need to convey.
Here are some tips and suggestions from the Best Western Kelowna Hotel:
- Overall, you want to avoid high-sugar sweets like doughnuts, cookies and brownies. Sugars will give a temporary rush, followed by a crash 30 to 45 minutes later.
- You want a balance between proteins and carbohydrates. Good lunch choices include seafood, chicken and lean meats. Fresh salads, vegetables and whole grain rolls should round out the food choices.
- A great afternoon snack includes cheese, crackers, yogurt, even perhaps mini-quiche. Candy, ice cream treats or cakes should be avoided as an afternoon snack if there is strategy or more productive action to take place in the afternoon.
- Be sure you have plenty of water available for participants.
- Gather information about special dietary needs or concerns. Make it a confidential process, not a public show of hands. Be sure to follow through with special needs. Hungry or uncomfortable employees will have trouble concentrating.
Food can make a big difference in the productivity of your meeting. The experienced sales team at our Kelowna hotel can help make your meeting a success. Combined with the many terrific activities in Kelowna, your meeting is sure to be one they remember.
Share This Post:
Other posts in this category:
Nov 05, 2013: 10 Amenities Your Kelowna Hotels Should Have