April 18, 2013
Being known as Kelowna’s Green Hotel is something we’re beyond proud of and something we make sure to live up to everyday – after all, every day is considered earth day at our Kelowna hotel. However, there is one day a year that makes us go even further to do something positive towards improving the environment: Earth Day!
This year on April 22nd 2013, our staff will be armed with gloves & garbage bags to take part in The Regional District of the Central Okanagan’s Community Clean Up. This is a great way for us to make a difference in our community on Earth Day and try to spread the green buzz to our neighboring hotels in Kelowna.
In addition to being lean-green-cleaning machines on Earth Day in Kelowna, we’ll also be:
- Turning off unnecessary lights & equipment in offices and public areas and asking guests to help us and do the same in their guestroom
- Packing our lunches and beverages in re-usable containers
- Encouraging guests to go paperless and have their stay receipt emailed to them
- Having an “old cell phone drive” for our staff to bring in their outdated cell phones for recycling
- Happily answering questions about our green initiatives currently in place at our Kelowna hotel and what we have in mind for the future
Some people have green thumbs; we have green hearts! At the Best Western Kelowna Hotel, Earth Day marks a big celebration of what green efforts we’ve been recognized for and it also challenges us to find new things to do to make a difference in this world! Join us (and the rest of Canada) by doing something special for Earth Day and see just how green your heart can get. Yes, that’s a challenge – what are you waiting for?!
Want to learn more about how you can make a difference on your next trip to Kelowna? Check out our Green & Environment blog for tips on how to travel green any time of year!
Nov 16, 2017: Eco-Friendly Hotels: How a Hotel in Kelowna Went Green
Oct 11, 2017: 5 Eco-friendly Ways to Stay at a Green Hotel in Kelowna
Sep 28, 2016: Kelowna Hotel: Tackling Climate Change!
Sep 15, 2016: Green Kelowna Hotels: How to Spot Them
May 13, 2016: Eco-friendly Vacation Guide – Okanagan Valley