Green & Clean at our Kelowna Hotel for Earth Day 2013
April 18, 2013
Being known as Kelowna’s Green Hotel is something we’re beyond proud of and something we make sure to live up to everyday – after all, every day is considered earth day at our Kelowna hotel. However, there is one day a year that makes us go even further to do something positive towards improving the environment: Earth Day!
This year on April 22nd 2013, our staff will be armed with gloves & garbage bags to take part in The Regional District of the Central Okanagan’s Community Clean Up. This is a great way for us to make a difference in our community on Earth Day and try to spread the green buzz to our neighboring hotels in Kelowna.
In addition to being lean-green-cleaning machines on Earth Day in Kelowna, we’ll also be:
- Turning off unnecessary lights & equipment in offices and public areas and asking guests to help us and do the same in their guestroom
- Packing our lunches and beverages in re-usable containers
- Encouraging guests to go paperless and have their stay receipt emailed to them
- Having an “old cell phone drive” for our staff to bring in their outdated cell phones for recycling
- Happily answering questions about our green initiatives currently in place at our Kelowna hotel and what we have in mind for the future
Some people have green thumbs; we have green hearts! At the Best Western Kelowna Hotel, Earth Day marks a big celebration of what green efforts we’ve been recognized for and it also challenges us to find new things to do to make a difference in this world! Join us (and the rest of Canada) by doing something special for Earth Day and see just how green your heart can get. Yes, that’s a challenge – what are you waiting for?!
Want to learn more about how you can make a difference on your next trip to Kelowna? Check out our Green & Environment blog for tips on how to travel green any time of year!
Share This Post:
Other posts in this category:
Jul 26, 2013: Plug In Your Car While You Unwind at Our Kelowna Hotel
Mar 19, 2013: Our Kelowna Hotel Helps Teach Green Travel to Your Tots